Student-Athletes of the Week, presented by Wings on Brookwood
Congratulations to these student-athletes from the Cross Country, Football, Girls Volleyball, and Girls Tennis teams. Robert Garvin, Connor Stephens, Jailen Morris, Madison Bladen, and Abby Combs have been named athletes of the week, presented by Wings on Brookwood.
Robert Garvin, (Jr.) Cross Country
Coach Goebel's comments on Robert:
- Junior team captain Robert Garvin crossed the finish line in 21:18 seconds. This was Robert's first varsity race.
Connor Stephens, (Soph.) & Jailen Morris (Jr.) Football
Coach Crouch's comments on Jailen and Connor:
- Sophomore Connor Stephens is 7/8 on PAT attempts this year. He also is 1/1 on FGs with the lone FG attempt being a 41 yarder. Connor averages 50 yards a KO and has 1 touchback. Connor was voted by his coaches as the special teams player of the week.
- Junior Jailen Morris is currently leading the GMC in INT's with 2. Both of those came in last week's game against Mason High School. Jailen recorded 1 tackle and 1 pass break up as well. Jailen was voted by his coaches as the Defensive player of the week.
Madison Bladen, (Soph.) Volleyball
Coach Stacy's comments on Madison:
- Sophomore Madison Bladen. Madison has shown steady growth in a new defensive scheme that requires toughness, tenacity and leadership skills. She is currently in the top 3 and 4 in the GMC in digs and passing points respectively and is number 3 in service aces! Congratulations Madison!!
Abby Combs, (Fresh.), Tennis
Coach Palatchi's comments on Abby:
- Freshman Abby Combs displays a positive spirit on the court as well as a flexible attitude. While she played only doubles last year, she has stepped up as our main singles player when needed. She is also supportive and encouraging to our three new members!